Sunday, July 19, 2009

Theater Day Camp


Maxwell wanted in on the fun so I decided to put him in Christian Arts & Theater Camp or CAT Camp. He is my little thespian in the making. This camp was geared for 5 to 7 year olds to introduce them to theater...acting, singing, dancing and doing crafts and water sports. Maxwell had a blast. Each day he was to dress up differently. One day he was to dress as his favorite book character. The suggestions were...Pollyanna, Huck Finn, etc. Well we aren't quite there with those types of books so we picked Darth Vader, which if you have a little boy you have read picture books on Star Wars. So off he went as a complete Darth Vader. When I went to pick him up...I was a little surprised to find him looking like this. My galactic warrior had transformed himself into a tiger! Wow! What a shock. I almost didn't recognize him.



On the last day of camp he was to dress up as his favorite cartoon or tv character. He chose to go as Ferb from Disney Channel's Phineas and Ferb. So off we went to the halloween store to buy bright green hairspray. Thankfully we had the other items to pull this costume off. It would have been nice to know that all this last minute creativity was on the schedule. But then that would have made it less fun and less creative I guess.

No comments: